• Stay in the shade, especially during midday hours.
• Wear clothes that cover your arms and legs.
• Consider options to protect your children.
• Wear a wide brim hat to shade your face, head, ears, and neck.
• Wear wraparound sunglasses that block both UVA and UVB rays.
• Use sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) 15 or higher for UVA and UVB protection.
• Avoid indoor tanning. Indoor tanning is particularly dangerous for younger users; people who begin indoor tanning during adolescence or early adulthood have a higher risk of developing melanoma.